• Financial Aid Appeals

    Some students and their families experience unique circumstances that affect their ability to pay college costs. If there has been a change to the student, parent, or spouse’s financial information, contact us as soon as possible. You may be able to submit an appeal and have your financial aid re-evaluated.

  • Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

    Satisfactory Academic Progress, or SAP, is a federal regulation requiring that schools monitor the progress of each student who receives financial aid. If you fall behind in your coursework, fail to achieve minimum standards, or fail to complete classes in a maximum time frame, you may lose eligibility for aid administered by our office.

  • Withdrawing and Dropping Classes

    If circumstances require you to withdraw from classes, contact our office and your academic advisor to understand how your financial aid could be affected. Federal regulations may require Iowa State to return a portion or all of the financial aid that has been disbursed to the student.

  • Verification

    Every year, federal regulation requires all post-secondary institutions awarding federal financial aid to complete Verification on a select number of their FAFSA applicants. Students chosen for Verification must provide required supporting documentation as requested.