Current Undergraduate Students
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The 2024-2025 FAFSA opens on December 1, 2023. Iowa State University’s federal school code is 001869. This is your application for federal grants, federal loans, as well as institutional aid program.
- The 2024-2025 FAFSA is used for aid awarding for Fall 2024, Spring 2025, and Summer 2025 terms.
- Iowa State University has a priority FAFSA filing deadline of February 29, 2024 for returning students. File by the priority filing deadline for consideration for institutional aid. Students who file after the priority filing deadline are still considered for federal aid programs.
- File the OneApp Scholarship Application
- Iowa State University has a centralized scholarship application that allows students to apply for scholarships from the Office of Student Financial Aid, as well as all academic colleges, all in one application.
- The OneApp opens on September 15, 2023. Filing deadlines vary by academic college.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Students who register to take less than 12 semester credit hours at Iowa State University and are taking coursework at another educational institution should submit a Consortium Agreement in order to ensure their financial aid reflects both coursework at Iowa State University and the other educational institution.