Federal regulations require the Office of Student Financial Aid to monitor the academic progress of students. (Note: SAP is strictly a financial aid policy. Your academic advisor and/or college are monitoring your academic progress under the University’s Academic Probation Policy.) SAP standards apply to undergraduate and graduate students who wish to establish or maintain financial aid eligibility. These standards apply to a student’s entire academic record at Iowa State University (including all credit hours transferred to Iowa State University from another school), whether or not financial aid was received for prior terms of enrollment. *Not all financial aid programs require students to meet the SAP standards outlined in this policy. For example, many scholarships have other eligibility requirements, and the student must contact the scholarship program to determine the specific eligibility requirements. Academic progress is monitored by the College of Veterinary Medicine.