Third-Party Access allows a student to share access to some of their personal information with a trusted
Third Party. The student is in complete control of the account and can change or revoke access anytime. Students may set up a Third Party Account on AccessPlus, giving another individual their own login and password to view information in AccessPlus, as assigned by the student.
- The student should not share their ID and Password to AccessPlus.
- The ‘Third Party Access’ function allows the student to decide who can have access to view specified screens on their (the student’s) AccessPlus account.
- If there are any problems with a third party user’s login information or password, they will need to discuss this with their student, as the student is the one that must fix any
How to Set Up a Third-Party Access Account
The student will first log on to their AccessPlus account by selecting Net-ID and logging in with their information using Okta.
Once the account has been created, the student will now have the option to turn on anything they wish the Third Party to have access to. For Financial Aid, we recommend turning on “Financial Aid” and “Account/U-Bill.”
At any time, the student can choose to revoke, add, or change access to what the Third Party sees, as well as delete the account. If the Third Party has access issues, they will go through the student to have their password reset or access changed.
The student will receive an email to their Iowa State email that will provide the Third-Party Access Login ID, and they will then share the password they created for the account with the Third Party.
Third Party Access to Financial Aid, if provided by the student, would allow a parent/other third party to do the following in AccessPlus:
- Complete the Parent Institutional Verification form, if the student’s FAFSA was selected for Verification
- A parent must be listed on the FAFSA to complete this form
- View their student’s FAFSA Verification Status
- View their student’s Financial Aid Offer
How to Log in Using Your Third-Party Access Account
The Third Party will log on to https://accessplus.iastate.edu/servlet/adp.A_Plus. Your login ID and password will be the ones provided by the student. Once you provide your credentials, you are prompted to change your password.
The login ID the student provided and the password you change at this stage will be your login ID and password from now on. Once logged in, you will be able to access what the student has granted you access to.
The student will resolve issues with Third-Party Access issues in their own AccessPlus account.
For FAQ on Third Party Access, please visit:
For more information on Third Party Access, please visit:
For all other IT-related issues, please contact:
The IT Solution Center
192 Parks Library