Privately Funded Scholarships

If you receive a scholarship from a source other than Iowa State University, please notify us as soon as possible. You can do this by reporting the award on AccessPlus (go to 'Financial Aid' and then 'Report Additional Aid') or by calling the Scholarship Unit at 515-294-5627.

Privately funded scholarships received must be processed through the Office of Student Financial Aid.

Donors should mail scholarship checks to the address below, making sure to include the student's name and University ID on the check or an accompanying letter. (If University ID is not known, please include the last four digits of the SSN and/or the student's hometown.) It is preferable that checks be made out to: "Iowa State University for the benefit of Student's Name."

Students who receive scholarship checks directly from the donor must mail them to the address below or submit in person to the Scholarship Office (Room 0640 Beardshear Hall). Make sure to endorse the check if it is made out to the student.

Office of Student Financial Aid
Iowa State University
0210 Beardshear Hall
Ames IA 50011-2028

All Scholarship checks will be split between fall and spring semesters unless the donor designates otherwise.

To learn more about other private scholarships or to make use of a third party scholarship matching service, please visit

External Scholarship Sites

Return to Quick Search