If you have been selected for Verification to verify your Citizenship Status because this status was unconfirmed by the Social Security Administration (SSA). You must submit a copy of one of the following documents:

  • Your U.S. birth certificate
  • Your U.S. passport, current or expired
  • Your Certification of Naturalization (forms N-550, N-570)
  • Your Certificate of Citizenship (forms N-560, N-561)
  • U.S. State Department form FS-240 (Consular Report of Birth Abroad), FS-545 (Certificate of Birth issued by a Foreign Service post), or DS-1350 (Certification of Report of Birth)

Per COVID-19 related allowance, there is a limited timeframe in which we can accept copies of documents without having to verify the document in person in the Office of Student Financial Aid in 0210 Beardshear Hall or have the student meet with a Notary to review the form. Please submit a copy of the documentation as soon as you are able.