Entrance and Exit Counseling

Federal Direct and Plus Loan Entrance Counseling 

Entrance counseling is required of all first-time Federal Direct loans or Graduate PLUS loan borrowers. Entrance counseling will educate the borrower about their loan’s terms and conditions, their rights and responsibilities, the loan process, and tips on managing educational expenses.

Entrance counseling can be completed online at studentaid.gov.

Federal Direct and Plus Loan Exit Counseling 

Exit counseling is required when a borrower is preparing to leave Iowa State University. Exit counseling educates the borrower on how to effectively manage their student loan repayment. Exit Counseling can be completed at studentaid.gov or by scheduling an appointment with a Financial Literacy Advisor in the Office of Student Financial Success.

Private Student Loans

Contact the lender directly from which you borrowed. If you are unsure of your lender, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid for assistance in confirming your lender.

Other Loan Counseling

The Accounts Receivable Office is responsible for the billing and the following loan programs:

  • Federal Perkins Loan
  • Health Profession Student Loan (HPSL)
  • Loans for Disadvantaged Students
  • University Long Term Loans

For questions regarding repayment of any of these loan programs, contact their Office using the below information:

Accounts Receivable Office

0880 Beardshear Hall